Meet the Doctor
Dr. Richard Nowakowski
Dr. Richard Nowakowaski was born in Wausau, Wisconsin. His father relocated the family to Bluffton, IN in 1959, where he was raised and graduated from Bluffton High School. He attended the Bloomington Campus of Indiana University and graduated in 1980.
In 1984, he received his Doctoral Degree from Indiana University School of Dentistry. That summer, he and his wife Ann setup his practice in Muncie, IN and have resided here ever since.
Dr. Nowakowski has 2 children. His son Drew is a physician in Toledo, Ohio, and his daughter Jill is a physical therapist in Indianapolis. In his spare time, Dr. Nowakowski enjoys golfing, woodworking, and spending time with his family.
Richard has kept himself at the forefront of dental technology and the profession he holds dear. Please allow these accomplishments to earn your confidence and assurance:
- Member of the American Dental Association, 1984-Present
- Member of the Indiana Dental Association, 1984-Present
- Member of the East Central Dental Association, 1984-Present
- Ball Memorial Hospital Staff, 1984-2009
- Indiana Dental Association Wellness Committee, 1990-1993
- Secretary of East Central Dental Society, 1991-2003
- Alternate Delegate Indiana Dental Association, 1991-1992
- Peer Review for East Central Dental Society, 1994-2000
- Honor Dentist, 2005
- Indiana State Board of Dentistry, 2014-Present
- The Commission on Dental Competency Assessments Examiner, 2015-Present
- Indiana State Board of Dentistry, liaison to the attorney general, 2016-2017
- Indiana State Board of Dentistry President, 2017-Present
- Chair in Indiana State Board Rules Committee
- Fellow of the American College of Dentists (ACD)
- L.D. Pankey Institute Continuum I